How we can use a Fire Extinguisher in an Emergency Situation?
Investing in fire safety is a necessity to keep a property safe from fire hazards. Fire accidents are dangerous as they result in loss of property and life. Fire safety equipment can prevent fires and if there is one the equipment will keep the damage to a minimum. It allows people to get out of the building safely.
Fire extinguishers are an essential component of the fire safety system. The extinguishers offer the first line of defense. When the fire is small you can easily put out and prevent it from spreading. They are effective in preventing costly damage.
Installing fire extinguishers is going to be useful if the occupants of the property do not know how to use it. The extinguishers are not just decorative red cans on the wall. Get the extinguishers from the best fire extinguisher supplier in Abu Dhabi.
Types of fire extinguishers:
It is important to know the different types of fire extinguishers available. Choosing the right extinguisher could be the difference between stopping the fire and escalating it.
Here are different types of fire extinguishers available
Water fire extinguishers:
They eject water will considerable force and there is no need to use it directly over the fire.
CO2 fire extinguishers:
Carbon dioxide is a naturally occurring and dangerous gas. It is important to handle it with care because the buildup of carbon dioxide can result in disorientation and fainting.
Powder fire extinguishers:
The powder is not particularly toxic but it can have an unpleasant effect on one’s digestive system if it is swallowed.
How to use a fire extinguisher?
To use the fire extinguisher safely a little practice is required. Here are the steps you need to follow to use the extinguisher.
- Firstly, you need to pull the pin and break the tamper seal
- Aiming the hose or nozzle of the extinguisher at the right spot is important to extinguish the fire. Always aim low and focus the nozzle on the base of the fire. If you are using a CO2 extinguisher then avoid touching the horn. It can get pretty cold and harm the skin.
- Squeeze the handle of the extinguisher and it will release the extinguishing agent.
- While squeezing the handle sweep it from side to side while pointing at the base of the fire and source of the fuel until it goes out.
If you are aware of the basics of using the extinguisher then you can put out small fires without any trouble.
- If the fire is confined to a small area then you should use a portable extinguisher.
- To remember the instructions on how to use it you should remember the acronym PASS
- Investing in a multipurpose extinguisher is smart as it works on all types of house fires
- Select the one that has a label of an independent testing laboratory.
- Always read instructions that are provided the fire extinguisher company as they will make you familiar with its operations and parts
- The fire extinguishers should be installed strategically so they are easily accessible
Fireman safety is a reliable Fire Extinguisher Supplier company in Abu Dhabi. It has a quality and versatile collection of extinguishers to offer.